|Features in||Sonic the Hedgehog 3|
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
|Number of Zones||1|
This bonus stage was first introduced in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and also features in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It is accessed when the player passes a Star Post with 50 rings or more on hand and jumps into the spinning portal that appears just above the Star Post.
The stage starts with the player bouncing on a spring up to the gumball machine handle which turns and lets out one gumball. After this, the springs at the bottom of the stage disappear and falling down the hole ends the stage. However, at the sides of the thing stage are bouncers which can propel the player from side to side to turn the wheel. These bouncers also disappear after being used once until eventually there is no choice but to fall out of the stage.
There are a variety of gumballs which,when collected, award the player with bonuses.
- Black Gumball - Cannot be collected and acts as a bouncing ball
- Blue B Gumball - Water Shield
- Clear Gumball - No bonus
- Green REP Gumball - Makes the springs at the bottom of the stage re-appear
- Grey Ring Gumball - 10 rings
- Pink 1-Up Gumball - Extra life
- Red B Gumball - Fire Shield
- Yellow B Gumball - Lightning Shield
This page has been accessed 133 times.