|Features in||Sonic & Knuckles|
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
|Number of Zones||1|
This bonus stage was first introduced in Sonic & Knuckles and also features in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It is accessed when the player passes a Star Post with 35 rings or more on hand and jumps into the spinning portal that appears just above the Star Post. It should be noted that when playing in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and obtaining 50 rings or more will activate the Gumball Machine bonus stage, rather than this one.
The stage is a vertical arena with flippers on the sides to bounce the player upwards, in the middle are large magnetic orbs that the player can stick to and fling themselves from. At the bottom of the stage is an ever rising row of orbs which, if touched, will end the stage. Throughout the stage are rings and small orbs with when collected turn into rising gumballs, like those seen in the Gumball Machine stage. These float upwards towards the top of the stage which, if the player reaches, also exits the stage.
There are a variety of gumballs which,when collected, award the player with bonuses.
- Black Gumball - Cannot be collected and acts as a bouncing ball
- Blue B Gumball - Water Shield
- Clear Gumball - No bonus
- Grey Ring Gumball - 5 - 80 rings, the higher up the stage the player is, the more rings are received.
- Pink 1-Up Gumball - Extra life
- Red B Gumball - Fire Shield
- Yellow B Gumball - Lightning Shield
This page has been accessed 284 times.