Sonic and the Secret Rings
|Sonic and the Secret Rings|
|Release dates (Wii)||NA February 20th 2007|
EU March 2nd 2007
JP March 15th 2007
Sonic and the Secret Rings is the first of a series of Sonic Storybook games and was later followed up by Sonic and the Black Knight.
The story begins with Sonic turning the pages of the classic book, "Arabian Nights". Suddenly, he is visited by the tale’s central character, a Genie named Shahra, who reveals that the last several pages of the book have mysteriously gone blank. This mystical being grants Sonic the ability to travel into the book's world. Armed with his signature speed, Sonic sets off on an adventure to retrieve the missing pages and to set the world of the Arabian Nights back in order.
- Mimicking the energy and movements of Sonic, players actively perform specialized moves with the controller, bringing their stamina and wide range of motion into the action! Players will hurtle Sonic forward by rotating the controller from side to side and perform combo moves with a flick of the wrist.
- Fast, frenetic gameplay with Sonic in constant motion. Taking full advantage of the Wii controller, players perform a variety of physical movements that actively advance Sonic, combat enemies, and perform special moves. Tilt the controller left or right to avoid obstacles, swing the controller forward to destroy enemies, or perform many other motions to advance the game.
- Exotic settings and creatures inspired by the Arabian Nights tales. The unique and lustrous features of Persia offer a vibrant backdrop to Sonic's speed.
- Branching paths for extensive gameplay variety and replayability.
- New Sonic moves. With the controller's exclusive features, utilize new moves such as "boost" and "catapult." Players will "feel and enjoy Sonic's speed in an entirely new way".
- A variety of mini-games for up to four players. There are over 30 mini-games to choose from.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Shahra the Ring Genie
- Erazor Djinn
- King Shahryar (Dr. Eggman)
- Ali Baba (Miles "Tails" Prower)
- Sinbad (Knuckles the Echidna)
- Uhu the Wind Genie
- King Solomon
- Pri Ma Djinn
- Kri Ma Djinn
 Multi-player Characters
Alongside Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, the following characters are available in Multi-player.
- Lost Prologue
- Sand Oasis
- Dinosaur Jungle
- Evil Foundry
- Levitated Ruin
- Pirate Storm
- Skeleton Dome
- Night Palace
Music from the game features in the following CD soundtracks:
Related ThreadsBetter than Secret Rings? - last post by @ May 28, 2009
Sonic and the Secret Rings, reviewed - last post @ May 17, 2007
secret rings???? - last post by @ Apr 16, 2003
How do I change the lanuage back to English in Sonic and the Secret Rings? - last post @ Oct 15, 2011
Game Talk: Sonic and the Secret Rings - last post @ May 2, 2009