Special Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 16-Bit)
|Special Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 16-Bit|
|Features in||Sonic the Hedgehog (16-Bit)|
|Number of Zones||6|
This is the Special Zone specific for Sonic the Hedgehog (16-Bit) and is the first Special Zone to appear in the series. This Special Zone can be accessed by finishing Act 1 or 2 of any zone, with the exception of the Scrap Brain Zone and Final Zone, with 50 rings or more on hand. This causes a large ring to appear just past the goal post which, when jumped into, transports Sonic to the Special Zone.
 Special Zone
This Special Zone is created as a rotating maze which Sonic must traverse whilst constantly rolling and find the Chaos Emerald. Sonic can only jump and has limited control over his direction due to constantly being in a roll and the maze constantly rotating.
The maze itself is built up of several blocks along the wall of the maze to hinder Sonic's progress.
- Bumper - Just like the bumpers found in the regular zone, these bounce Sonic off of them.
- Diamond - These protect the Chaos Emerald and can only be destroyed by rolling on them until the disappear.
- Down - This decreases the speed at which the stage rotates.
- Goal - Despite being called the goal, this is a trap. Landing on a Goal block causes Sonic to exit the stage.
- Reverse - Reverses the direction that the stage rotates.
- Up - Increases the speed at which the stage rotates.
This page has been accessed 259 times.